- Central Institute for Research on Goats (CIRG) is a premier research Institute of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), an autonomous organization under Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. The Institute was established on 12th July, 1979 with the vision to develop the poor men’s cow - the goat as a source of livelihood security, poverty alleviation and employment generation for the smallholders. Our Mission is to enhance and sustain goat productivity in respect of meat, milk and fibre through Research, Extension and HRD support. The Mandate of the Institute is to undertake basic and applied research in all disciplines of goat production and product utilization, to impart trainings, to transfer technologies and provide consultancy services for improving quantity and quality of meat, milk and fibre production from goat and to develop goat products processing technologies. The institute is located at NH-2 between Agra and Mathura at almost equal distance. These two cities are famous for historical and cultural heritage i.e., the Taj Mahal and birth place of Lord Krishna, respectively. A concerted approach has been adopted by the Institute to demonstrate and implement the available improved technologies at the farmers’ doorstep. The dedicated mailing list "email@example.com" and helpline is working round the clock to address the goat farmer’s problems.
- Dr. H. Rahman, DDG (Animal Science), ICAR visited ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Goats (CIRG), Makhdoom on 07.01.2017
- Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary, DARE and Director General, ICAR visited ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Goats (CIRG), Makhdoom on 26.09.2016.
- ICAR-CIRG, Makhdoom, Farah, Mathura, Extension Education and Socio-Economics Section conducted a meeting on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in adopted village- Daulatpur Farah, Mathura.
- Dr. Narendra Singh Rathore, DDG(Agricultural Education), ICAR Visited ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom on 25.03.2017
- राष्ट्रीय वैज्ञानिक बकरी पालन पृशिक्षण कार्यकृम में सहभागिता हेतु चयनित प्रशिक्षार्थियों की सूची
- CIRG an Introduction- Film
- संस्थान एक परिचय - फिल्म देखें
News & Updates
- CIRG AT A GLANCE
- अजामुख, जनवरी - जून, 2016
- Annual Performance Evaluation Report in respect of RFD 2014-2015 of CIRG, Makhdoom.
- The Director, Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom, P.O. Farah - 281 122 (Mathura) U.P. are invited tenders for Annual Job/work Contract of different labortories/unit and Annual Job/Work contract of "Animal Post-mortem Attendent (Skilled)" for Pathology Lab. of Goat Health and for "Slaughter of Goats & Sheep and services at Institute
- The Director, Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom, P.O. Farah - 281 122 (Mathura) U.P. are invited tenders for Printing & Binding of Annual Report (2016-17) of the Institute
- Help Line, Call +91-565-2763320,Mr.Suresh Tiwari Mob. No.-9634483292, Dr.Braj Mohan Head, EE&SE Section- Mob-09997597787 betwen 10 am to 5 PM weekdays
- वार्षिक स्वास्थ्य सुरक्षा चक्र (Yearly Animal Health setup).
- राष्ट्रीय पृशिक्षण कार्यकृम कैलेण्डर वर्ष 2017-2018
- Citizen's/Client's Charter for ICAR- CIRG (2015-2016)
- The Institute has been awarded with ISO 9001 : 2008 certificate for research & development and capacity building for improving goat productivity .
- न .रा .का .स . मथुरा द्वारा वर्ष 2015-16 हिंदी में उत्कृष्ट कार्य निष्पादन करने के लिये के. ब. अनु. स. को पृथम पुरस्कार से सम्मानित किया गया .
Awards & Recognition
Services, कृषक सेवाएं
ई मेल, WEB MAIL
CIRG works at the interface of scientific livestock rearing and alleviation of poverty using modern goat production technologies and animal husbandry practices.more...
Annual Health Calender
- न .रा .का .स . मथुरा द्वारा वर्ष 2015-16 में हिंदी में उत्कृष्ट कार्य निष्पादन करने के लिये के. ब. अनु. स. को पृथम पुरस्कार से सम्मानित किया गया more...
- Books, Monographs and Annual Report. Annual Report of the Institute for the year 2015-16 is available here
CIRG Data Repository
|Web page was last modified on: April 27, 2017 12:14:07. | Webmaster:- Dr. R. V. S. Pawaiya|
|Home | Contact us | Location | RTI | Training|
|All rights are reserved for ICAR- Central Institute for Research on Goats. Best View in Firefox 3.x or Internet Explorer 8|
|Developed & Maintained by:- Agriculture Knowledge Management Unit, CIRG|